Spinach Cheese Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8 oz
- cream cheese softened
- 1 c
- 2 c
- sifted flour
- 1 large
- chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 12 oz
- grated jalapeno cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- 20 oz
- frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
How to Make Spinach Cheese Pie
- 1Crust: Mix the cream cheese and the butter and cut into the flour until the dough gathers together.
- 2Press the mixture into two balls. Cover and chill until the dough is firm.
- 3Roll out both dough balls into pie shell shapes and place one of the shells in a pie plate.
- 4Reserve the other pie shell for the top.
- 5Filling: Saute the onion in the oil.
- 6Over very low heat, add the jalapeno cheese to the onion, stirring until the cheese melts.
- 7Remove the mixture from the heat and add the remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- 8Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- 9Lay the reserved pie crust on top of the mixture, pinching the dough together to secure the edges.
- 10Prick the top of the crust with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- 11Bake in a preheated oven at 325 for 70 minutes.