Spinach Cheese Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
8 ozcream cheese softened
2 csifted flour
1 largechopped onion
3 Tbspvegetable oil
12 ozgrated jalapeno cheese
20 ozfrozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
How to Make Spinach Cheese Pie
- Crust: Mix the cream cheese and the butter and cut into the flour until the dough gathers together.
- Press the mixture into two balls. Cover and chill until the dough is firm.
- Roll out both dough balls into pie shell shapes and place one of the shells in a pie plate.
- Reserve the other pie shell for the top.
- Filling: Saute the onion in the oil.
- Over very low heat, add the jalapeno cheese to the onion, stirring until the cheese melts.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Lay the reserved pie crust on top of the mixture, pinching the dough together to secure the edges.
- Prick the top of the crust with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 for 70 minutes.