Spinach Cheese Pastries
- 1 large
- egg (for egg wash)
- 1 Tbsp
- filtered water
- 1/2 c
- blend shredded cheese of your choice
- 1/4 c
- grated romano cheese
- 1 large
- green onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- all purpose flour
- sheet puff pastry, thawed (i use trader joe's)
- 1-10 oz. pkg
- frozen spinach, thawed, drained and chopped
How to Make Spinach Cheese Pastries
- 1Heat oven to 400'F. Beat the egg and 1 tbsp. water to make an egg wash. Set aside.
- 2Stir the cheeses together with the onion and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- 3Sprinkle the flour on your work surface and roll the pastry out the long way to about 12-14".
- 4Brush the sheet with your egg wash and top with the cheese and the spinach. Starting at the short side roll up tightly like a jelly roll. Cut into slices about 1/2" wide.
- 5Place the slices cut side down on a parchment covered baking sheet. Brush the slices with the egg wash and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 6Remove the pastries onto a wire rack and cool for at least 10 minutes.
- 7Make sure you wring out the thawed spinach well. I put it in a tea towel and twisted the ends to remove the water from the spinach. This works well if you have a friend to help twist the towel. If the spinach isn't dried out it will make the pastry soggy. Serve warm or cold.