Southern Style Collard Greens
- 2 pkg
- 2 pkgs fresh cut and washed collards( i wash them again myself)
- slices of thick cut smoked bacon cut in pieces
- 4 can(s)
- chicken stock
- 1 medium
- cajun seasoning(to taste)
- black pepper
How to Make Southern Style Collard Greens
- 1Use a large pot and saute the bacon pieces untill almost crisp.Do not drain grease.Add onion and fry in bacon drippings.
- 2Add washed and dried greens to pot and stir untill all the greens start to wither and fit in the pot while stiring.Medium high heat.
- 3Once all the greens are in the pot ,add seasonings and butter,mix well.
- 4Add chicken stock.It should cover the top of the greens once withered.Taste to check if seasoned enough.Cover and simmer.Check occasionally for liquid level.Add another can of stock if needed.You can really let these cook for hours without worry.