★★★★★ 1 vote5
- family size can of bushes homestyle baked beans
- 1 lb
- hamburger meat or shredded pork (cooked)
- 1/2 to 1 c
- bbq sauce (any brand)
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1 medium
- onion minced
- 1 large
- green bell pepper minced
How to Make Southern BBQ Baked Beans
- 1Cook Hamburger meat and drain.
- 2Pour beans into a baking dish. Either add hamburger meat or shredded pork. Add BBQ sauce, brown sugar, onion and bell pepper. Stir until well mixed. Taste to see if you need extra brown sugar or BBQ sauce.
- 3Bake in oven at 350 till heated through. Cut back heat to 275 and let it thicken up stirring occasionally. Taste test again and see if you have to add more sugar or BBQ sauce. Let rest for 5 minutes and serve