☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1medium onion, finely chopped
2celery stalks, chopped
1 tspdried thyme
1 tsprosemary, dried
1 tspdried sage
1/2 tspdried savory
8 cfrench bread, stale, cubed
1/3 cfresh parsley, chopped
1 cchicken stock
How to Make Simple Stuffing For Poultry
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add onion, celery, salt, thyme, rosemary, sage, pepper and savory.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring often until the onion is softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl.
- Add the bread cubes, parsley, and 1/2 cup stock and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place stuffing in a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Drizzle another 1/2 cup of stock over the stuffing and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake until heated through, 35 to 45 minutes.
- For a crusty top, remove the foil halfway through baking time.
- Makes 10 cups.