Senator Al Franken's: WILD RICE STUFFING
He said, "It's great alone, but Thomasin loves mixing it up with peas, mashed potatoes, and gravy."
I am with Tomasin!!! Tomasin is Al's daughter.
- 1 lb
- wild rice (mahnomen)
- 1 stick
- 10 clove
- 3 medium
- yellow onions
- 4 stick
- 2 lb
- white button mushrooms
- salt to taste
How to Make Senator Al Franken's: WILD RICE STUFFING
- 11. In a colander, rinse the wild rice.
2. Put the rice in a pot, and cover with 3 inches of water. Boil in a pot, uncovered, for about 20 to 25 minutes. If you're using Mahnomen wild rice, it will cook more quickly than the paddy variety.
3. While the rice is boiling, slice (do not mince) the mushrooms, onions, garlic, and celery.
4. Melt the butter in a skillet, and sauté the onions, garlic, and celery until they begin to bleed a little liquid into the butter. Then add the mushrooms. The celery and onions should not be totally soft.
5. Once the rice has cooked, drain it and add to the sautéed vegetables.
6. Add salt to taste, and stuff into the turkey before roasting. The rest can be eaten as a side dish at dinner.