Scalloped Potatoes with Bacon
Blue Ribbon Recipe
There's not a thing in the world that could improve on this creamy, satisfying recipe... except maybe adding even more bacon! YUM The Test Kitchen
2 1/2 lbpotatoes, russets
1 largeyellow onion
4 ozgruyere cheese
4 ozmild Swiss cheese
2 cheavy cream
1 tspthyme, dried
1 tspgranulated garlic
How to Make Scalloped Potatoes with Bacon
- Peel potatoes using your mandolin, slice potatoes and onion very thin set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt 3/4 of the grated cheese in heavy cream adding the thyme and garlic.
- Fry bacon in a skillet until crisp, but not overcooked. Crumble in pieces.
- In a baking dish, layer potatoes, onions, a small amount of bacon. Season each layer with salt and pepper.
- Continue layering until all potatoes, bacon, and onion are used.
- Pour the cream and cheese over each layer. Finish the top with the last amount of grated cheese.
- Place covered in a 350 oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Uncover and continue cooking until the top is browned to your satisfaction!