Sausage and Walnut Dressing
- 2 lb
- breakfast sausage
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 medium
- onions, finely chopped
- stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 c
- english walnuts, finely chopped
- liver from turkey, chopped
- 4 Tbsp
- finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp
- loaf of bread
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c
- chicken broth
How to Make Sausage and Walnut Dressing
- 1Fry sausage until all the fat is rendered. Drain and place in bowl.
- 2Heat the butter and fry the onions, celery, walnuts and turkey liver for 5 minutes over moderate heat.
- 3Add these ingredients to the sausage.
- 4Pinch slices of bread into smaller pieces. Add to sausage.
- 5Add remaining ingredients mixing well. Place in 9 x 13 baking dish cover with foil and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover and bake 5 - 10 minutes more. Serve