- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 2 large
- jalapenos, diced
- 2 medium
- onions, chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 14 oz cans black beans or 2 and 2 pintos
- 1 can(s)
- beer plus 1 for drinking, so 2
How to Make Refried Beans
- 1In a large pan saute the onions and garlic to just translucent.
- 2Add the jalapenos and continue to saute until JUST beginning to brown.
- 3Add the beans, 2 cans rinsed and drained, two with juice.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for around 1 1/2 hours, adding beer as needed. I just add 1/2 a can/bottle of beer and sip the rest.
- 5Keep an eye out-You don't want the beans to dry out AND stir often.
- 6Open second beer and add as needed or drink it and add chicken stock.
- 7Don't add salt until dish is done and taste first.