2 Tbspvegetable oil
2 largejalapenos, diced
2 mediumonions, chopped
4 clovegarlic, minced
414 oz cans black beans or 2 and 2 pintos
1 can(s)beer plus 1 for drinking, so 2
How to Make Refried Beans
- In a large pan saute the onions and garlic to just translucent.
- Add the jalapenos and continue to saute until JUST beginning to brown.
- Add the beans, 2 cans rinsed and drained, two with juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for around 1 1/2 hours, adding beer as needed. I just add 1/2 a can/bottle of beer and sip the rest.
- Keep an eye out-You don't want the beans to dry out AND stir often.
- Open second beer and add as needed or drink it and add chicken stock.
- Don't add salt until dish is done and taste first.