1 lbpork bacon, cut into pieces
4-5 clovegarlic, minced
1/3 cbutter, opt
2 lbbeans, cooked (pinto or black)
1 1/2 Tbspchili powder (or adjust as desired)
1 Tbspchicken boullion (or adjust as desired)
3/4 tspcumin (or adjust as desired)
1/2 tspgarlic powder (or adjust as desired)
1/2 tsponion powder (or adjust as desired)
How to Make Refried Beans
- Brown the bacon over medium high heat until halfway cooked.
- Add the butter, onions & garlic. Cook until bacon is slightly crispy & onions are limp. Put this mixture into food processor. Use 1/4-1/3 cup of water to clean tasty bits from bottom of pan using a spatual for scraping. Pour this into food processor.
- To the food processor add half of the beans & the seasonings. Puree very well.
- Put beans into a pot.
- Place remaining beans into processor & puree slightly if you want a lumpier bean mixture or puree well if you want totally smooth refried beans.
- Put remaining beans into pot & stir well.
- Adjust seasonings as needed & add salt if needed.
- Heat on low until desired temperature is reached.
- Use refried beans to eat with rice, to make burritos, or for a simple, but healthful side dish.