Quick Sausage Walnut Stuffing
- 1/2 lb
- favorite bulk sausage
- cup butter
- stalks celery, chopped
- can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
- bag (14oz) country style or cornbread stuffing
- medium apple, cored and chopped
- cup chopped california walnuts, or your choice
How to Make Quick Sausage Walnut Stuffing
- 1In pan, cook sausage till browned. Add butter, celery and onions and cook till tender.
- 2Add broth. Heat to a boil. Remove from heat. Add stuffing, apple and walnuts. Mix lightly. Add 1/2-1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, or to taste. Bake 350-375 oven till golden brown. Check dressing as it bakes, may need extra broth or small amount of water stirred in.
- 3Very good with baked chicken, pork chops, baked ham. If serving with ham, do not bake around ham, stuffing will become too salty. Bake in separate pan with tablespoon or two stirred into small amount of pineapple juice and stirred into stuffing while baking. Try placing a few rings on top of stuffing while baking. Let imagination run.