☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
5 largesweet potatoes
1 1/2 cpecan pieces, toasted
1/4 corange juice, fresh
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 cpure cane syrup
1 Tbsporange zest, fresh
1/2 tsptoasted sesame oil
1 1/2 stickunsalted butter
How to Make Praline Sweet Potato Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and butter a large casserole dish, set aside.
- Using a fork punch a few holes in each sweet potato.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- When cool enough to handle peel and slice into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Place one layer of sweet potato slices on bottom of buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle some toasted pecan pieces on top, repeat layers until you finish with pecans.
- To make the Sauce:
- Warm the Bourbon in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When warm ignite to burn off most of the alcohol. Do keep your face and hands back from the pan.
- When flames subside add the remaining ingredients except butter.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn the heat to medium low and add butter. Whisk until the butter is melted and well incorporated.
- Pour bourbon sauce over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in the 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve hot.