★★★★★ 1 vote5
- salt and pepper
- 2 c
- low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 2 slice
- bacon, cut crosswise into strips
- 1 lb
- dried pinto beans, rinsed, picked over
How to Make Pinto Beans And Bacon
- 1transfer beans to a bowl. add water to cover beans. let stand 10 hours. drain beans in a colander.
- 2stir onion and bacon into a slow cooker. add beans, broth and 1 cup water.
- 3cover, cook on high until beans are tender about 3 hours. pour in tomatoes. cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 hours. season with salt and pepper, then serve