Pickled Hot Vegetables
1 ccaliflower florets
1 largesweet onion
1 cmini sweet carrots
10 smallhabanero peppers
2 Tbspmexican oregeno
1 1/3 Tbsptyme
1 1/2 Tbspcoarse sea salt
2 capple cider vinegar
3 Tbspolive oil
10 clovekeep whole fresh garlic
How to Make Pickled Hot Vegetables
- prep all the vegetables in one large bowl... make sure you puncture the Habenero peppers so they dont explode when you heat them up.
- add the olive oil, salt, bay leaves,majorium,salt, garlic cloves and oregeno to the vegetables in the bowl and toss with your hand or spoon until mixed well..
- add all the ingredients to a large pot on medium heat and saute until he onions start to turn... here if you need more olive oil to get the vegetables to saute than add some more.
- add the water and apple cider vinager to the pot and turn heat up to get the mix to boil and than return to medium heat.. you are blanching the vegetables no completly cooking them... let boil for about 7 min.. if you dont think your going to have enough water to pickle the vegetables than add more water and vinegar here.. its always better to have more than not enough..
- when the vegetables are fully blanched take the pot of the stove and set aside and let cool for about and Hr... and when cool spoon into mason jars an even amount of liquid and vegetables and put them into the fridge and turn them over once a day for about a week and it'll be ready to eat..
- As a side note you can use any kind of peppers you like the Habaneros are really hot but this works very well with any kind of hot pepper.. Also the vegetables are an endless variety too.. i used snap peas from my garden for this batch that is pictured.. so use your imagination and experiment as you like...you can use the dish as a garnishment to vegetables or with meats.... or as a nice spicy mouth full of pickled vegetables