- 3/4 c
- onion, chopped
- celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 c
- butter, divided
- 3 c
- oysters, cut to desired size. reserve liquid
- 6 c
- cubed breadcrumbs from 2 day old bread
- 2 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp
- sage, dried
- large eggs, beaten slightly
- 1/2 c
- reserved oyster liquid or chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Oyster Dressing
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13-inch glass casserole dish.
- 2Melt 1/4 c. butter in a large skillet over med-high heat. Saute' onions and celery until tender. Remove from heat and add breadcrumbs, mixing well.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, add the breadcrumb onion mixture, eggs, poultry seasoning, sage,and the oysters. Stir to blend well. Slowly add the reserved oyster liquid until moist but not soggy. If more liquid is needed slowly add some chicken broth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Spread into a 9 x 13-inch glass casserole. Top with reserved butter.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes until golden brown and set in the middle. Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.