Norma's Easy Bread and Butter Pickles
How to Make Norma's Easy Bread and Butter Pickles
- Mix all ingredients in a large pot and stir
- Place on stove and cook at med-high heat for 20 minutes or when it just starts to boil
- remove from stove and place next to prepared canning jars that have been boiled in hot water with lids or placed in your dish washer at the hottest setting and wash and heat dry as usual. Remove and place jars on a clean kitchen towel along with lid and bands.
- While still very hot place pickles in jars with liquid; leaving about 1/4 to 1/2 inch space at the top. Wipe edge of top of jar with clean damp cloth Place lids on top of jar with screw band and twist on tight. Place hot jars on a clean kitchen towel; make sure they are not touching each other.
- Processing in a canner is not neccessary. They will seal themselves. When you hear the lids click they are sealed.