3 bunch3 pans of cornbread. i use self rising white cornmeal.
2 cchopped yellow onions
2 tspsage, dried
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
2 cchicken broth (may need more. make sure it is moist, but not too soupy)
How to Make My Grandmothers cornbread dressing
- Make 3 pans of cornbread 1st. Go by those directions on the cornmeal mix, and make per those.
- Crumble up all of your cornbread in a large bowl. I personally use a very large plastic salad bowl.
- Mix remaining ingrediants together, and pour into a large casserole dish.
- I bake it at around 375 until it browns on top. Do the toothpick in the middle to see if the middle is done, since it takes longer.
- Serve and enjoy. : )
- If you have any homemade biscuits you could add 1 or 2 to the mix also. My Grandmother would do that at times as well. They are not part of the actual recipe, but I thought I'd throw that out there as well. I will tell you like she always told me. She doesn't technically measure the ingrediants such as the broth that you add, so just use your judgement as to when you think that it's enough. You don't want it to come out too dry, so make sure that you add enough to it. Sometimes the 2 cups is not enough.