Mother's Turkey Stuffing
As simple and as plain as it sounds, it has become a tradition for everyone in our family.
As my mother use to say "if it is not broke don't fix it."
I always say to my sisters if we would change this recipe she would probably look down from heaven and say "What do you think your doing?"
- medium apple
- medium onion
- stalks of celery
- loaves bread set out the night before
- 2 stick
- 2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 2 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Mother's Turkey Stuffing
- 1Cube the bread that you set out the night before. On a cutting board, I stack up 4 or 5 slices and cube it into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 2Dice onion, apple, and celery. In a small skillet melt the butter and add the diced fruit and veggies. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- 3Add the cooked onion mixture to the bread and the additional stick of butter melted. Add seasonings and toss till all the bread is coated.
- 4Stuff your turkey and if you have any additional filling I use another cooking bag and stuff the additional filling with chicken stock inside the bag and slide it in the roaster with the turkey.