- 3 pkg
- cornbread mix, prepared and cooled
- 1 pkg
- biscuits, prepared and cooled
- 1 c
- onion, chopped
- 1 c
- celery, chopped
- 4-6 tsp
- dried sage, adjust amount to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- chicken broth
How to Make Mother's Eggless Cornbread Dressing
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Prepare cornbread and biscuits. Let cool. Crumble the cornbread into a large bowl. Pinch apart 6-8 biscuits and add to cornbread.
- 2In a skillet, place small amount of olive oil or butter and saute onion and celery. Cool slightly and add to cornbread/biscuit mixture.
- 3Add seasonings to mixture. Mix well. Begin adding chicken broth and continue until the consistency is very moist and spreadable.
- 4Grease a 9 X 13 baking dish. Spread the cornbread mixture into the pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until middle is firm and set. If edges begin to get too brown, place foil around the edge of pan until dressing is done.