Mom's Thanksgiving Dressing
1 pkgcornbread (prepared)
1 smallonion, chopped
1 bunchcelery, chopped
1 lbbulk sausage, cooked & drained (i use jimmy dean, sage)
1 pkgchicken giblets, chopped
·rubbed sage (to taste)
·salt & pepper to taste
·dried bread crumbs, as needed
·chicken stock, as needed
How to Make Mom's Thanksgiving Dressing
- Make cornbread per pkg. instructions. When cool enough, crumble into large bowl.
- Brown susage & drain well.
- Saute onion & celery in butter (in same skilled used for sausge).
- Boil chicken parts/giblets, drain (retain broth) and chop.
- Add sausage, onion/celery and chicken/giblets to cornbread crumbs & mix well.
- Begin adding chicken stock, sage, salt & pepper. Add bread crumbs if needed. Mixture shouldn't be too wet. Begin tasting till you get it right!
- Pour into large baking pan; bake, covered, @ 350 degrees for approx. 1 hour. Uncover & brown top (aprox. 10 min. more).
- Enjoy with your turkey & giblet gravy with your family!