Mom's Thanksgiving Dressing
- 1 pkg
- cornbread (prepared)
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1 bunch
- celery, chopped
- 1 lb
- bulk sausage, cooked & drained (i use jimmy dean, sage)
- 1 pkg
- chicken giblets, chopped
- rubbed sage (to taste)
- salt & pepper to taste
- dried bread crumbs, as needed
- chicken stock, as needed
How to Make Mom's Thanksgiving Dressing
- 1Make cornbread per pkg. instructions. When cool enough, crumble into large bowl.
- 2Brown susage & drain well.
- 3Saute onion & celery in butter (in same skilled used for sausge).
- 4Boil chicken parts/giblets, drain (retain broth) and chop.
- 5Add sausage, onion/celery and chicken/giblets to cornbread crumbs & mix well.
- 6Begin adding chicken stock, sage, salt & pepper. Add bread crumbs if needed. Mixture shouldn't be too wet. Begin tasting till you get it right!
- 7Pour into large baking pan; bake, covered, @ 350 degrees for approx. 1 hour. Uncover & brown top (aprox. 10 min. more).
- 8Enjoy with your turkey & giblet gravy with your family!