Mom M's Sausage Stuffing
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Bread stuffing brings back such wonderful childhood memories for me! That's how my grandmother used to make her stuffing... and for good reason! The bread adds moistness to the stuffing. Add a yummy blend of seasoning, and you've got a super starring side dish! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Mom M's Sausage Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (or whatever temperature you are using for other dishes in oven).
- Butter or lightly oil a 9 x 13 inch baking pan/dish.
- Brown sausage, remove from pan.
- In same pan, saute onions until translucent.
- Beat eggs and chicken broth in a medium bowl.
- Mix sausage, onions, egg mix and all other ingredients in a very large bowl. Add more broth if it seems dry -- it should be fairly damp to the touch.
- Put all ingredients in baking pan/dish. Place in oven and check after 30 minutes. Cover with foil if it starts to get dry or too brown on top. Continue to bake for 15 - 30 minutes more.