Mexican Black Beans
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
I also have this recipe posted on another site and it has been very well received with over 50 5-star reviews. :)
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large
- jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 2 15-oz can(s)
- black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14-oz can(s)
- chicken broth
- fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 c
- monterey jack cheese
How to Make Mexican Black Beans
- 1Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add garlic, chili and cumin and saute 30 seconds.
- 3Add beans and broth and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Coarsely mash beans with potato masher.
- 4Continue boiling until thick, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. (I cook mine longer - about 30 minutes).
- 5Season to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- 6Add monterey pepper jack cheese on top and microwave for 2 minutes on high to melt cheese.
- 7Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.