Mexican Black Beans
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
I also have this recipe posted on another site and it has been very well received with over 50 5-star reviews. :)
1 Tbspolive oil
4 clovegarlic, finely chopped
1 largejalapeno, seeded and chopped
1/2 tspground cumin
2 15-oz can(s)black beans, rinsed and drained
1 14-oz can(s)chicken broth
·fresh lime juice
·fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cmonterey jack cheese
How to Make Mexican Black Beans
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, chili and cumin and saute 30 seconds.
- Add beans and broth and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Coarsely mash beans with potato masher.
- Continue boiling until thick, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. (I cook mine longer - about 30 minutes).
- Season to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Add monterey pepper jack cheese on top and microwave for 2 minutes on high to melt cheese.
- Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.