Kim's Kicked Up Baked Beans
3 can(s)28oz maple brown sugar or brown sugar hickory baked beans
1 can(s)22oz bush's "sweet heat" (limited flavor) baked beans
16 ozroll bob evans maple flavored ground sausage
4 Tbspground mustard
4 Tbspbrown sugar
2 tspground red pepper
2 tspworcestershire sauce
2 mediumonions chopped
1-2green peppers chopped
How to Make Kim's Kicked Up Baked Beans
- Brown and crumble sausage while cooking.
- In a separate skillet, saute onions and green peppers until semi-tender.
- While sausage and veggies are cooking/sauteing, pour cans of beans into a deep baking dish. Add the ground mustard, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce and ground red pepper to beans and stir around to incorporate spices.
- Once sausage and veggie mixture are cooked, add both to beans and stir around to evenly distribute & incorporate sausage/veggie mixture into and throughout beans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 to 1.5 hours.