Homemade Refried Beans
Let me know what you think
- 5 c
- pinto beans, dried / washed not soaked
- 1 c
- 1 lb
- bacon, cooked save the drippings
- 1/2 Tbsp
- chili powder
- 1 medium
- jalapenos, fresh
- 6 c
- chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp
- salt and pepper (each)
HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS
How to Make Homemade Refried Beans
- 1Measure out your 5 cups of dried refried beans, wash them in a collander pick out any bean that doesn't look good.
- 2** Dig out that Pressure Cooker*** make sure you have a rack at the bottom of your cooker. Once you cleaned the beans dump them your cooker.
- 3Clean onion and jalapeno and rough chop put into pot(if you leave the seeds from the jalapeno the spicier the beans are)
- 4add chili powder, salt and pepper
- 5pour in broth , make sure there is at least half inch of liquid above the beans. Put top of pressure cooker on and seal.. start off on med for 15 minutes and then turn to HIGH until the pressure nozzle starts to dance then time it for 25 minutes. Turn off heat do not open until cooker is cool to touch.
- 6While cooker is cooling cook up your bacon all of it and save the drippings in a jar... dig out your cast iron skillet (as I have found that to be the best way to fry the beans)
- 7Once you have opened your cooker 3 ladels at a time put in a large bowl and use a hand potato masher to start mashing the beans .. once they are mashed ladel into hot bacon grease in your skillet, stirring to keep from burning, add bacon grease as needed through this process, repeat until all beans are out of cooker. Fry until desired taste and serve.
- 8These will keep for up to two days in refridgerator.