How to Make Hillbilly beans
- Cut bacon into pieces and brown in pot. Chop onions and potatoes into bite size pieces. Drain off most grease from bacon, but reserve for use later if necessary.
- once bacon is browned, add the potatoes and onions, and continue to cook until onions turn clear and potatoes start to brown.
- Add both cans of green beans..DO NOT DRAIN! Add beans and water to pot, add vinegar, pepper and salt and let simmer on low heat for about a half hour, add water if necessary.
- If the beans seem too soupy, mix a little cornstarch with water and pour in to mixture to thicken!
- Change this up by adding more vinegar to make it more tart, or add some of that leftover bacon fat to pump up the flavor...or add more pepper to add some heat!! Enjoy!!