How to Make Heavy Dumplings
- 1Beat together milk, salt and eggs.
- 2Add enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- 3Bring a large pot of salted water to a full boil. Dip a large clean spoon into the water and then drop a large spoonful of dough into the water. Dipping the spoon into the boiling water before each spoonful of dough helps keep the dough from sticking onto the spoon.
- 4When all dumplings are in the water, cover loosely and cook 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 5Drain, place in a serving dish and add melted butter. Toss to coat.