Heavenly Fried Morel Mushrooms
Morels are so rich and buttery. They truly are heavenly and there is nothing else like them.
- 1 lb
- morel mushrooms
- 1/2 c
- oil for frying
- 3/4 c
- (4 ounce) packet saltine crackers, very finely crushed
- salt and black pepper to taste
How to Make Heavenly Fried Morel Mushrooms
- 1Clean the mushrooms carefully with a damp paper towel or a soft mushroom brush. Cut large mushrooms in half.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. While the oil is heating, beat the eggs and milk in a shallow bowl. Coat the mushrooms in the egg and milk mixture, then toss them in the cracker crumbs. Carefully place the coated mushrooms in the heated oil. The mushrooms will cook quickly. Cook the mushrooms until they are golden brown on the bottom, then flip them over to brown the other side.
- 3When the mushrooms are evenly browned, remove them from the pan to drain on a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper to taste.