- 1-2 pkg
- (13.5 oz)johnsonville polish kielbasa cooked sausage(use 1 link,cut in two and long sliced lengthwise)
- 1-2 Tbsp
- butter, room temperature or margarine
- 4-8 slice
- rye bread
- 4-10 Tbsp
- thousand island dressing or fat-free
- 1-2 c
- sauerkraut, well drained (preferably refrigerated style)
- 4-8 slice
- swiss cheese
How to Make Grilled Reuben Sandwich with Polish Kielbasa
- 1Butter each slice of bread on one side only. Build the sandwich in a 10-12 inch cold skillet. Place 2 slices, butter side down in the skillet. Top each slice with 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
- 2Then top each of the two slices with 1/4 of sauerkraut(more if desired spred it out evenly to cover the dressing. Place 2 slices of Swiss cheese on top of the sauerkraut.
- 3On a small microwaveable plate, heat the 4 pieces of sausage for about 30 sconds just to warm slightly.(Or in a separate small skillet over medium heat pan fry the sausage just to warm through)
- 4Place two sausage pieces on top of the cheese in each sandwich. Spead another 1 tablespoon of dressing on the dry side of the last 2 slice of bread and place it dressing side down and butter side up, over the the sausages.
- 5Place the skillet over medium-low heat and grill the sandwich slowly.
Grill until the bread is toasted and crisp and the cheese is starting to melted. Press down gently on the sandwich. Carefully turn the sandwich over to grill the other side. Grill until the sandwich is nicely toasted on both sides and the cheese is melted. Remove from pan and serve immediately.
- 6* a panini press can be used in place of the skillet. You can double the rye bread, Swiss cheese and sausage.