Green Chile & Cheese Sausage Poppers
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
3 cbiscuit mix (i use bisquick)
1 lbuncooked hot italian sausage
4 cshredded monterey jack cheese (16 oz)
1/2 cshredded parmesan cheese
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tsponion powder
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
1 can(s)fire roasted diced green chiles
1/2 tspblack pepper
How to Make Green Chile & Cheese Sausage Poppers
- Allow sauage and cheese to sit out at room temperature for about 30 minutes before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and biscuit mix, using hands. Once ingredients are combined, add cheeses, chiles, milk and spices. Mix well.
- Using a 1-tablespoon scoop or a heaping teaspoon, portion mixture and shape into balls, about 1" in size. Place them on parchment paper.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm with sauce for dipping. Enjoy!