Grandma Goldies Cornbread dressing
1pan of cornbread (boxed or homemade-either is fine)
1 pkgbread cubes (the kind in a bag)
2 csliced mushrooms
1 lbhot spiced sausage, browned and drained
2 csliced celery
1 can(s)sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 can(s)evaporated milk
2 can(s)chicken stock (homemade is even better)
·sage, salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Grandma Goldies Cornbread dressing
- After baking your cornbread let it completely cool. Cut into cubes and put on a cookie sheet and in a 350F oven to toast. Then set out to cool and completely dry. I usually do this a few days before.
- In a very large bowl or stock pot, mix gently all dry ingredients and vegetables.
- Mix in eggs, milk, stock and sausage along with the seasonings.
- Bake in a greased cassarole or pan at 350F for 45 min or till lightly browned on top and hot through out.
- This recipe is so uncomplicated that if you want you can add things like pecans, oysters, apples, whatever extra goodies you like. Once I even added dried cranberries! Dress up however you like or leave it just as it is...it's still so yummie!