Garrison's Bacon and Onion Relish (for Burgers)
1/2 lbbacon, cooked, drained, chopped
2 largeonions, quartered, sliced
2 Tbspreserved bacon fat
3 Tbspsun dried tomatoes, in oil, drained, chopped
1 1/2 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
1 1/2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1/4 cbrandy (or bourbon or rum)
1/2 ckansas city style bbq sauce
How to Make Garrison's Bacon and Onion Relish (for Burgers)
- In a fry pan, cook bacon until crisp (15-20 min). Remove from pan. When cooled, chop medium fine.
- In the same pan, cook onions in 2 Tbsp reserved bacon fat. Keep heat at medium/lo. Stir occasionally. Onions should be nicely colored and cooked down. This should take about 40 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, chopped cooked bacon, tomatoes, vinegar, and worcestershire. Cook 10 minutes to reduce.
- Add brandy and bbq sauce. Cook 10 more minutes to reduce.
- Serve as a condiment on generous cheese burgers.