Fresh Pinto Beans with Tomatoes1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbfresh pinto beans, or other beans
1/4 cfruity olive oil
2 largetomatoes, peeled and diced
1 largegarlic clove, minced
·salt and pepper to taste
·sugar if necessary
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 Tbspparsley, chopped
1 Tbspcilantro, chopped
How to Make Fresh Pinto Beans with Tomatoes
- SHELL THE BEANS, rinse them off and put them in a saucepan with water to cover.
- Bring to a boil for 15 minutes, then drain and return the beans to the pan.
- Add the oil, onions, tomatoes, paprika, cumin, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, some freshly ground pepper and a cup of water.
- Cover and cook over a low flame until the beans are tender, about an hour.
- Taste for salt and add more if necessary.
- If the tomatoes are too acidic, add enough sugar to balance the flavor.
- Remove from heat and season to taste with the lemon juice.
- Turn beans, and their juices, into a serving dish.
- Garnish with the parsley and cilantro.