2 48 0z. jar(s)randalls great northern beans
1 med.onion, diced
1 lblean bacon, cooked, drained and cut into pieces
1 1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Family Reunion Baked Beans
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a 1/2 deep baking sheet with foil. Lay the bacon on this and bake about 12 minutes or until cooked. Remove and drain on paper toweling and snip into pieces with kitchen sheers.
- While the bacon is cooking, empty the beans with their juice into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Chop the onion. Add to beans along with the sugar and garlic powder, folding gently into the beans.
- Adjust the oven heat down to 325 degrees. Add the bacon, gently folding into the beans.
- Bake, uncovered in a 325 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours. The bean juicy will thicken. These beans are on the sweet side....you may adjust the amount of sugar down but we love them this way with potato salad and chicken or pork!