Egg Rolls -- Shrimp
My preference for accompaniments are the Chinese Hot Yellow Mustard for bite number one, and a little Fruit Jelly or Jam mixed with Cider Vinegar for bite two. And so on, till they're devoured.
A little Hot and a little Sweet and Sour. It's the only way to eat Egg Rolls, to my twisted way of thinking.
It does wake up the taste buds.
8egg roll wraps
1/2cabbage medium sized grated
2whole carrots grated
2 cshrimp cooked peeled and chopped coarse -- medium to large sized shrimp
1/2 Tbspolive oil added to mixture
1 pinchblack pepper
2/3 coil to fry
·chinese hot yellow mustard
·fruit jelly, jam or preserves mixed with a little cider vinegar or a sweet and sour prepared sauce
How to Make Egg Rolls -- Shrimp
- Shred the Cabbage and the Carrots. Add 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil or Oil of choice and toss well. Microwave for 4 minutes on high.
- Remove from microwave and add salt and pepper to your liking. I use sparsely. Toss well.
- Add coarse chopped cooked Shrimp and toss well again. I use medium to large sized shrimp.
- Lay out Egg Wrap with one corner toward you. Place two heaping tablespoons of mixture on wrap. Fold corner over on ingredients and tuck in the sides and continue wrapping. Makes eight prepared Egg Rolls.
- Place in hot oil, final corner of wrap down and fry until golden. Flip over to brown other side. Remove to paper towels to absorb oil. Cool somewhat and enjoy. Serve with accompaniments noted or of your choice.
- These re-heat in microwave very well. I usually wrap loosely in paper towel to re-heat. They also freeze and re-heat very well. Enjoy