Egg Rolls -- Shrimp
My preference for accompaniments are the Chinese Hot Yellow Mustard for bite number one, and a little Fruit Jelly or Jam mixed with Cider Vinegar for bite two. And so on, till they're devoured.
A little Hot and a little Sweet and Sour. It's the only way to eat Egg Rolls, to my twisted way of thinking.
It does wake up the taste buds.
- egg roll wraps
- cabbage medium sized grated
- whole carrots grated
- 2 c
- shrimp cooked peeled and chopped coarse -- medium to large sized shrimp
- 1/2 Tbsp
- olive oil added to mixture
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 pinch
- black pepper
- 1 pinch
- 2/3 c
- oil to fry
- chinese hot yellow mustard
- fruit jelly, jam or preserves mixed with a little cider vinegar or a sweet and sour prepared sauce
How to Make Egg Rolls -- Shrimp
- 1Shred the Cabbage and the Carrots. Add 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil or Oil of choice and toss well. Microwave for 4 minutes on high.
- 2Remove from microwave and add salt and pepper to your liking. I use sparsely. Toss well.
- 3Add coarse chopped cooked Shrimp and toss well again. I use medium to large sized shrimp.
- 4Lay out Egg Wrap with one corner toward you. Place two heaping tablespoons of mixture on wrap. Fold corner over on ingredients and tuck in the sides and continue wrapping. Makes eight prepared Egg Rolls.
- 5Place in hot oil, final corner of wrap down and fry until golden. Flip over to brown other side. Remove to paper towels to absorb oil. Cool somewhat and enjoy. Serve with accompaniments noted or of your choice.
- 6These re-heat in microwave very well. I usually wrap loosely in paper towel to re-heat. They also freeze and re-heat very well. Enjoy