Easy cheater rolled dumplings
How to Make Easy cheater rolled dumplings
- Mix bisquick and flour according to directions on box. I use my KA to knead the dough until it leaves the side of the bowl and is of a smooth consistancy.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface until dough is about the thickness of a pie crust.
- Cut into strips or squares. Let them set until they dry out some. (I like to leave mine out at least 6 hours or overnight.)
- Drop in boiling broth, one at a time, until dumplings are gone. You may want to reduce the heat to medium if the dumplings start to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Stir gently a couple of times so the dumplngs will not stick to each other.
- After about 10 minutes, turn the heat off. Let them set for another few minutes before serving.
- I always make a full box of bisquick dough for my clan, but I always feed at least 25 from this. I also use 4 or more quarts of broth. If you let the dumplings dry completely they freeze well.