Doreen's Baked Beans
- 2 large
- cans of baked beans ( i use b&m brand original style)
- 1/2 lb
- bacon, cooked & cut into 1inch pieces ( reserve 3 tablespoons bacon fat )
- 2 slice
- bacon, uncooked for the top
- 1 large
- very large onion ( chopped )
- 1 Tbsp
- honey dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- bacon fat
- 1 tsp
- each of salt & pepper ( i use sea salt )
How to Make Doreen's Baked Beans
- 1I bake my bacon in the oven. I place it on a foil covered pizza tray which has a slight lip on it so the grease doesn't drip onto my over floor. I bake it at 375 until it looks crispy, approx.35 minutes or so. ( Leave your oven on after you bake your bacon so it's preheated to cook your beans ). Then I save the bacon fat and lay the bacon on papertowel to soak up any other grease.
- 2Empty the entire two cans of beans into a large crock, mix in all other ingredients except the two uncooked pieces of bacon in with the beans. Place the two uncooked pieces of bacon on top of the beans.
- 3Bake in a preheated 375* oven for an hour to an hour & 1 1/2 hrs. ( until bubble and bacon on top is crispy or done to your taste.) Serve hot! Enjoy!