☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2english hothouse cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
2 tspsea salt
8 ozdaikon (japanese white radish), peeled, cut into 2x1/4-inch sticks
2/3 cunseasoned rice vinegar
1 Tbspfresh ginger, minced
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
How to Make Cucumber-Daikon Relish
- Toss cucumbers with sea salt in colander.
- Place colander over bowl and let stand 15 minutes.
- Rinse cucumbers. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place radish sticks in medium bowl.
- Cover with water. Soak 15 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Stir vinegar and next 3 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
- Add cucumbers and radish; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.