Cornbread and Apple dressing
- 5 cups chopped biscuits
- 5 cups crumbled cornbread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup quartered and chopped honey crisp apple
- four large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese, divided
How to Make Cornbread and Apple dressing
- 1preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, mix biscuits and cornbread.
- 3In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add celery, onion, and Apple to pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat or until celery is tender. Add celery mixture to bread mixture.
- 4In a large bowl, mix eggs and broth, beating well. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture, tossing to mix. Add 1 cup Parmesan cheese to bread mixture, stirring well. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- 5Bake for one hour or until cooked through. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 8 to 10 servings.