Cornbread and Apple dressing
·5 cups chopped biscuits
·5 cups crumbled cornbread
·4 tablespoons butter
·2 cups chopped celery
·2 cups chopped onion
·1 cup quartered and chopped honey crisp apple
·four large eggs, beaten
·3 cups chicken broth
·2 cups grated parmesan cheese, divided
How to Make Cornbread and Apple dressing
- preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix biscuits and cornbread.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add celery, onion, and Apple to pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat or until celery is tender. Add celery mixture to bread mixture.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and broth, beating well. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture, tossing to mix. Add 1 cup Parmesan cheese to bread mixture, stirring well. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for one hour or until cooked through. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 8 to 10 servings.