★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 pkg
- morrison's corn kits, cooked according to package directions
- 6 slice
- white bread, crusts removed; lightly toasted
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter
- celery whole stalk (not a rib), chopped into small dice
- onions, chopped into small dice
- 32-oz. boxes 99% fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- poultry seasoning (make sure it is fresh.)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Christmas Dressing
- 1In a large skillet melt butter, and add celery and onion. Cook until mixture is translucent, but not brown. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 2In a VERY large bowl break up the cornbread and the white bread. Then add broth to almost cover. Take a potato masher and blend the two breads and broth. Add the 6 eggs. Then add the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Be careful with the salt, because there is still some in the broth.
- 3Pour dressing into a greased throw-away pan. (I use non-stick cooking spray.) Start at 475 degrees for 20 minutes, then reduce to 375 degrees for 45 minutes or so. About halfway through cooking give it a good stir. This dressing is pudding-like when it goes into the oven, but it cooks up into the fluffiest stuff when it comes out!