Chicken Fried Rice!!
Just an FYI, I don't really measure stuff other than the rice because I really don't believe in sitting there and measuring. It takes the fun out of cooking.
My loving boyfriend has gotten pretty attached to this recipe and every time I make it, it gets better and better he says so that's a good thing.
A little background on me, I am mostly blind and partially deaf so my sense of taste and smell are extremely acute. Cooking comes naturally to me because of this! :)
- 1 1/2 c
- jasmine rice (cold)
- 1 bunch
- green onions
- 3 slice
- bacon (low sodium and sliced)
- 2 large
- 1 large
- boneless/skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 c
- mr yoshida's teryaki sauce
- 3/4 c
- soy sauce
- 2/3 c
- peas n carrots
- 2-5 tsp
- soy, canola, or peanut oil (prefer soy)
How to Make Chicken Fried Rice!!
- 1Prepare the Jasmine rice as directed on the package. I prefer to use a rice steamer for convience and even cooking of rice.
- 2Cut up the green onions up finely, pour the oil into a wok, then add the bacon pieces and cook slowly until the bacon is crispy.
- 3Cut the boneless/skinless chicken breast up into small cubes and put into a pan with the Yoshida's sauce. Cook completely, put into a small bowl and clean the pan that was used to cook the chicken (you will use this later. You also do NOT need the Teryaki sauce, it scorches if you accidentally use too much heat so cook with care)
- 4Clean the pan you cooked the chicken in and crack the eggs into a bowl, scramble the eff out of them then pour into the pan. Use some non stick spray and cook them till they are fine crumbles. Set aside.
- 5After the bacon is crispy, mix the Jasmine Rice up into the pan, making sure that it doesn't stick to the wok.
- 6Mix the eggs, chicken and soy sauce into the rice and turn the heat down to medium low and let cook, stirring semi constantly (don't walk away) After the rice looks brownish, add the peas n carrots and cook for two more mins.
- 7Serve hot with BBQ'ed Teryaki Chicken Breasts or alone.