CANDIED FLOWER PETALS
And, you can candy the little fellows, use them on top of cakes, cupcakes, or just dress up your table or plate. This takes some time but it's worth it. A neat crafty recipe. I enjoy holding these little creations in my hand.
- 20 sprig(s)
- whole little pansy flower, gently cleaned
- powdered egg whites, whipped
- drops of 100% vodka
- 1 c
- super fine sugar
- scissors, tweezers, baking tray, waxed paper
How to Make CANDIED FLOWER PETALS
- 1Cut little Pansies with scissors leaving a tiny stem to the blossom. You can hold on to the stem as you candy. Gently clean with small art brush and set aside on a tray lined with a paper towel.
- 2Whip the egg whites to a frothy stage, add Vodka and one tsp water.
- 3TO MAKE SUPER FINE SUGAR: Place the sugar in a food processor and hit the pulse button several times.
- 4Use tweezers to hold petals open. Paint each petal with the egg wash and immediately sprinkle with supefine sugar, kind of shake it to prevent sugar from clumping up in one spot. Cover well.
- 5Place flower on a wax paper lined cookie sheet, keep flowers from touching each other. When all is covered place in the oven with inside pilot light left on over night. Turn them once to redistribute the fluid in the flower. When dried they will be stiff and brittle.
- 6Store in air tight container. Use on cakes, cup cakes, On a serving tray etc. These are actually eatable.