CANDIED FLOWER PETALS
And, you can candy the little fellows, use them on top of cakes, cupcakes, or just dress up your table or plate. This takes some time but it's worth it. A neat crafty recipe. I enjoy holding these little creations in my hand.
How to Make CANDIED FLOWER PETALS
- Cut little Pansies with scissors leaving a tiny stem to the blossom. You can hold on to the stem as you candy. Gently clean with small art brush and set aside on a tray lined with a paper towel.
- Whip the egg whites to a frothy stage, add Vodka and one tsp water.
- TO MAKE SUPER FINE SUGAR: Place the sugar in a food processor and hit the pulse button several times.
- Use tweezers to hold petals open. Paint each petal with the egg wash and immediately sprinkle with supefine sugar, kind of shake it to prevent sugar from clumping up in one spot. Cover well.
- Place flower on a wax paper lined cookie sheet, keep flowers from touching each other. When all is covered place in the oven with inside pilot light left on over night. Turn them once to redistribute the fluid in the flower. When dried they will be stiff and brittle.
- Store in air tight container. Use on cakes, cup cakes, On a serving tray etc. These are actually eatable.