Cabbage n Noodles
- 1 large
- head of cabbage
- 2 pks
- pennsylvania dutch square egg noodles ( bott boi )...if you can not find them you can substitute them with extra large egg noodles.
- 1 stick
- butter...tastes best using real butter not margarine.
- salt n pepper to taste.
How to Make Cabbage n Noodles
- 1cut cabbage in quarters, then cut the core from each quarter, slice in shreds n boil in a dutch oven till almost all water is boiled out n cabbage is tender. add 2 tsps. of olive oil to the cabbage and brown it. Be careful not to brown too much as it will shrink your cabbage.
- 2boil a pot of water with 1 tsp of salt for your Bott Boi egg noodles...they are actually square...cook them aldante' you don't want them over cooked. when done drain only no rinsing...
- 3add 1 stick of butter ( cut into pats ) into the noodles n mix thoroughly trying to cover all the noodles...then add your cabbage. mix throughly as well. Bon Appetite'.