☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbstale white bread
1 cmilk, warmed
1 Tbspcooking oil
1 mediumonion, chopped
1/4 tspwhite pepper
3 Tbspfresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Bread Dumplings (Semmelknodel)
- Break bread into small pieces; place in a medium bowl and pour milk over.
- Saute onion in oil till brown.
- Combine bread, onion and remaining ingredients; blend well. Mixture should be stiff -- add more milk or bread to adjust consistency.
- Working with floured hands, form mixture into a roll about 2-1/2 inches wide.
- Cut roll into 8 pieces and form each into a dumpling.
- Boil dumplings in water, being careful not to overcrowd the pot. Do not cover. Simmer over low heat about 15 minutes; dumplings are done when they float.