Bohemian Raised Dumplings
How to Make Bohemian Raised Dumplings
- Mix Dry Yeast and ¼ cup of warmed milk, and ¼ teaspoon of sugar in small bowl.
- Combine Sifted flour and salt in separate bowl.
- Once yeast has dissolved and become bubbly, mix with flour mixture in large bowl.
- Stir the mixture adding remainder of milk and beaten eggs.
- Knead dough thoroughly into ball.
- Place dough ball into bowl, cover with towel, and set in a warm place for an hour.
- Dough should double in size at this time.
- Separate dough into small balls, slightly larger than a golf ball, but smaller than a soft ball.
- Set dough balls aside on plate and let raise for ½ hour (covered with towel)
- Place dough balls into stockpot or kettle of boiling salted water.
- Cover and boil for 10 minutes. Make sure to slightly crack lid open to prevent boil over. Half way thorugh cook time, remove lid and flip balls over.
- Remove from hot water and cool on cutting board.
- Cut dumplings with string or dental floss while still warm.
- Serve with meat, or freeze for later use.