★★★★★ 1 vote5
2-3 mediumzucchini, cut into 1/2 inch thick fries
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 Tbspvegetable oil
2 cvegetable oil for frying
How to Make Beer Battered Zucchini Fries
- whisk together the flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- in a separate small bowl, whisk together the egg yokes and vegetable oil.
- drizzle the egg and oil mixture over the flour and mix together with a fork to crate a shaggy dough.
- slowly pour in the beer while constantly whisking until a smooth batter forms.
- cover with plastic wrap and refrigerated for at least 1 hour up to 4 hours before serving.
- heat the oil in a large dutch oven until it reaches 375.
- working with 1 batch of zucchini fries at a time, drop them into the batter, making sure each 1 is coated.
- using tongs, gently add them to the oil and fry until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel lined pan.
- allow the oil to come back up to temperature and then repeat until all of the zucchini has been fried.
- serve with ranch dressing or a spicy mayonnaise.