1 largediced onion
1-2 cdiced celery with leaves
15 ctoasted 1/2 inch bread cubes
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 Tbspdried sage or 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
1/2 cchopped parsley
1 cturkey stock, water, or milk
How to Make Basic Bread Stuffing
- Melt butter in large stockpot.
- Add onion and celery and cook until vegetables are tender but not browned.
- Add to bread cubes in large bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, sage, and parsley and toss until well mixed.
- Add turkey stock and blend well.
- Use to stuff 12 to 14 pound turkey.
- Bake leftover stuffing in lightly greased casserole at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until heated through.