Bacon Onion Jam Tarts
- medium onions, sliced thinly
- 1/3 c
- olive oil
- 1/3 c
- chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 11/2 tsp
- brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- dutch ann pie tarts
- 1/3 c
- half and half
- slices tomato, thinly sliced
- 6 oz pkg
- fresh take by kraft cheese and bread crumb mix (cheddar and bacon flavor)
- 2 Tbsp
- melted butter
How to Make Bacon Onion Jam Tarts
- 1Heat oil in skillet and add the onions. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add the Chicken stock, balsamic vinegar and the sugar and salt. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Put onion jam in a small bowl and set aside to cool. Onion jam can be made a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- 4Preheat oven to 400. Set pie tarts in an oven safe dish or on a cookie sheet.
- 5Add a tablespoon of the cheese to each tart shell. Next divide the onion jam between the shells. Top with another Tablespoon of cheese. (Press mixture down if needed.)
- 6In a small bowl add the half and half and the egg and beat together. Divide the mixture between the shells carefully. Bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- 7Remove from oven and set aside. Next in a small bowl add four Tablespoons of the bacon bread crumbs and melted butter and mix together. Top each tart with a thin slice of tomato, then divide the bread crumb mixture between the tarts. Bake another five minutes, lowering the oven to 350.
- 8seal the rest of the cheddar jack and bacon package up and save for later use on chicken or pork chops!