Bacon Onion Jam Tarts
2medium onions, sliced thinly
1/3 colive oil
1/3 cchicken stock
1 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
11/2 tspbrown sugar
8dutch ann pie tarts
1/3 chalf and half
4slices tomato, thinly sliced
6 oz pkgfresh take by kraft cheese and bread crumb mix (cheddar and bacon flavor)
2 Tbspmelted butter
How to Make Bacon Onion Jam Tarts
- Heat oil in skillet and add the onions. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Chicken stock, balsamic vinegar and the sugar and salt. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put onion jam in a small bowl and set aside to cool. Onion jam can be made a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400. Set pie tarts in an oven safe dish or on a cookie sheet.
- Add a tablespoon of the cheese to each tart shell. Next divide the onion jam between the shells. Top with another Tablespoon of cheese. (Press mixture down if needed.)
- In a small bowl add the half and half and the egg and beat together. Divide the mixture between the shells carefully. Bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and set aside. Next in a small bowl add four Tablespoons of the bacon bread crumbs and melted butter and mix together. Top each tart with a thin slice of tomato, then divide the bread crumb mixture between the tarts. Bake another five minutes, lowering the oven to 350.
- seal the rest of the cheddar jack and bacon package up and save for later use on chicken or pork chops!