12 ozgrits, quick-cooking
2jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and finely chopped
1red bell pepper, diced
1poblano pepper, diced
1/2 lbcheddar cheese, grated
1/2 lbmonterey jack cheese, shredded
·"just a pinch" of salt
How to Make Backyard's Jalapeno Cheese Grits
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add grits and simmer for 5 minutes.
- (For thinner grits, add more water.)
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat; add peppers and onion.
- Saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add to grits, along with cheeses.
- Add eggs and season with salt.
- Pour into a 2-quart casserole and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until set.
- Serve immediately.