Awesome Homemade Dressing (Stuffing)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- loaf day old white bread
- loaf day old wheat bread
- loaf sourdough or other bread, day old
- 2 c
- cooked meat (giblets, chicken, turkey, or pork)
- eggs, slightly beaten
- onions, chopped
- stalks celery, chopped fine
- 2-3 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- each thyme, sage, black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp
- salt (to taste)
- 2 c
- broth (use chicken or vegetable)
- 1/2 c
- additional butter
How to Make Awesome Homemade Dressing (Stuffing)
- 1Tear up bread into bite sized pieces and allow to set out overnight to dry out. When ready to make dressing brown onion and celery in a 2-3 T of butter in a small skillet. Stir onion mixture into bread. Add remaining ingredients. Mix very well to blend everything. Dressing should be moist but not watery. Add more broth or bread if needed.
- 2Place dressing in a greased casserole dish or stuff turkey with it. If baking in casserole dish bake at 350 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours. Serve with gravy.
If stuffing a turkey follow package directions concerning turkey size and whether stuffed.