Andouille Sausage Stuffing
This is delicious stuffed in a bird or just baked in a dish all on its own.
You can use other types of sausages in this dish - anything you prefer - kielbasa, for instance - I like the spicy kick the cajun andouille gives it though.
- 2 box
- seasoned croutons (i think the boxes are 6 oz each)
- 1 c
- thinly chopped celery
- 1 small
- onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 - 2 c
- fresh, sliced mushrooms
- 1 - 2 c
- chicken stock
- 1 pkg
- aidells cajun style andouille sausages, cut into bit sized slices (rounds)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Andouille Sausage Stuffing
- 1In skillet, melt butter and saute celery, onion and mushrooms.
- 2In small pan, heat cut up sausage in about 1/2 cup water. Drain water.
- 3In large bowl, combine croutons, sauted vegetables, sausage and salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- 4Add 1 cup of chicken stock, making sure that all croutons are soft and have adequate amount of moisture. May add additional stock to make sure there is enough moisture in the dish. (I usually add a TOTAL of about 2 cups.)
- 5Stuff in turkey or chicken, or place into a baking dish. If using a baking dish, bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.